So apparently the title of this blog “Air Lift Bag”, sparked your curiosity as it did mine. When I first came across this item, I had a vision of a helicopter hovering overhead while lifting this bag that contained a piece of machinery or rescuing a person in distress. WRONG!
Simplex manufactures Air Lift Bags that are an alternate and actually better solution to a car jack. Also referred to as a Lifting Jack. The lifting capacities run from 3.1 to 27.7 tons. Yes, I did say tons. A conceivable usage would be to change a tire on an aircraft or heavy truck.
- Simplex air bag will fit into the tightest areas with collapsed heights of 1.1″ to 1.2″.
- Models include 2 ply Kevlar with neoprene.
- Serrated lifting surface on each side of the air bag helps prevent load slippage.
- Bright “X” is molded into each bag for easy center point placement.
- Light weight makes the Simplex air bag easy to set up.
- Simplex air bags operate on standard shop air up to 116 psi.
The picture to the right gives a good representation of how this tool can work. As noted above, you will need a compressor, heavy duty hoses and a pressure regulator controller, which there are variations, depending if you want to work with one or more bags.
Our staff here at LabPlanet are very happy to assist you in choosing the right bag for your needs.
As always, we welcome your feedback and comments. Thanks so much for reading my blog.